Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master's
The Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master’s, is a one-year non-degree program designed to meet the needs of highly accomplished performers who have completed a Master's degree in Music and wish to further their career goals in the performing arts. Candidates for the Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master’s must demonstrate the requisite talent and potential to develop a high level of competency, artistic sensibility, and a strong sense of commitment for a career as a professional musician. The program is designed to provide intensive repertoire study and performance opportunities under the guidance of master teachers in preparation for a concert career or doctoral program in music performance.
Applicants seeking admission to the Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master's must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Official transcript from a baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Official transcript from the master's degree granting institution: Master of Arts or Master of Music in Performance
- On-campus audition and interview (Online video conference auditions and interviews may be set up for international students by the graduate advisor.)
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Resume detailing previous musical and performance experience
- Two semesters of Applied Lesson study at the graduate level - 4 credit hours (Course XXXX 5201; e.g., PIAN 5201, VILN 5201).
- Two semesters of Ensemble or Chamber Music participation at the graduate level specific to the student’s career goals (2 credit hours; MUEN 5110, MUEN 5112, or MUEN 5118).
- Two Recitals at the graduate level (2 credit hours; MUSI 6181 and MUSI 6182).
- Two semesters of free* electives (6 credit hours). *Free electives must be jointly approved by the student’s applied teacher and graduate advisor.
|MUEN 5110, 5112, or 5118||1||MUEN 5110, 5112, or 5118||1|
|MUSI 6181||1||MUSI 6182||1|
|XXXX 5201 (Applied Lessons)||2||XXXX 5201 (Applied Lessons)||2|
|Free Elective||3||Free Elective||3|
|Total Hours: 14|
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) marketable skills initiative is part of the state’s 60x30TX plan and was designed to help students articulate their skills to employers. Marketable skills are those skills valued by employers and/or graduate programs that can be applied in a variety of work or education settings and may include interpersonal, cognitive, and applied skill areas.
The Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master's is designed to provide graduates with the following marketable skills:
- Communication skills: written, verbal, and musical.
- Critical and creative thinking, multitasking, and problem solving skills.
- Versatile 21st century musicians with professional, collaborative, and inclusive demeanor.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit including leadership, marketing, and self-promotion.
- Community engagement and ability to work with diverse populations.