College of Science and Engineering Technology
|Dean||John B. Pascarella, Ph.D.
email@example.com; (936) 294-1401
|Associate Dean for Graduate Programs & Research||Anne Gaillard, Ph.D. (serving as Interim Vice Provost)
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1326
Li-Jen Lester, Ed.D. (Interim Associate Dean)
email@example.com; (936) 294-1326
|Associate Dean for Curriculum & Assessment||Melinda Holt, Ph.D.
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1945
|School of Agricultural Sciences||Doug Ullrich, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-1188
|Department of Biological Sciences||Aaron Lynne, Ph.D., Chair
|Department of Chemistry||Donovan C. Haines, Ph.D., Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1530
|Department of Computer Science||Bing Zhou, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-1590
|Department of Engineering Technology||Faruk Yildiz, Ph.D., Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-3774
|Department of Environmental and Geosciences||Pat Harris, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-1452
|Department of Mathematics and Statistics||Paul Jung, Ph.D., Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-4859
|Department of Physics and Astronomy||Joel W. Walker, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-4803
The College of Science and Engineering Technology strives to foster scientific literacy, analytic abilities, and the knowledge and competencies necessary for graduates to succeed as professionals working in science-based careers. The College of Science and Engineering Technology also strives to enhance interpersonal abilities and communication skills, both oral and written, which are fundamental to functioning effectively in the University and in the larger community. In providing educational foundations that enable students to develop, evaluate, and express ideas critically, the College hopes to contribute to the formation of responsible citizens and competent professionals.
The College of Science and Engineering Technology aspires to be a gateway of opportunity and a catalyst for personal and professional development. Embracing high standards, ethical practices and personalized student-faculty interaction, the College dedicates itself to excellence in teaching, engagement in quality research, and active community service. The College of Science and Engineering Technology will pursue its vision by:
- preparing students for continued intellectual growth throughout productive and personally rewarding careers;
- fostering the development and dissemination of knowledge through scientific inquiry;
- promoting continual professional growth and scholarly activity;
- exemplifying high ethical standards and teaching the importance of ethics in professional practice;
- increasing scientific literacy in the populace, and instilling a high regard for nature and humankind;
- understanding and respecting diversity among people, cultures, and ideas; and
- assuming the responsibilities of academic community engagement and membership in a global society.
Phone: (936) 294-1401
Lee Drain Building 200
- Faculty members in the College of Science and and Engineering Technology have been recognized nationally and internationally for their expertise through national grants and awards, publications, and presentations.
- Undergraduate research is encouraged through partnerships with faculty members.
- Students in the College of Science and and Engineering Technology have presented and published nationally and internationally.
- The Math Center at the Academic Success Center provides free tutoring in mathematics and statistics courses.
- The College of Science and Engineering Technology houses the Sam Houston State University Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics and the Daniel Reeves Center for Mathematics Education.
- Departments in the College of Science and Engineering Technology annually host state and regional conferences and symposiums.
|Agricultural Sciences||Agriculture, MS|
|Agricultural Sciences||Sustainable Agriculture and Food Environment, MAg|
|Biological Sciences||Biology, MS|
|Computer Science||Computing and Data Science, MS|
|Computer Science||Digital and Cyber Forensic Science, PhD|
|Computer Science||Digital Forensics, MS|
|Computer Science||Information Assurance and Cybersecurity, MS|
|Environmental and Geosciences||Geographic Information Systems, MS|
|Mathematics and Statistics||Mathematics, MA|
|Mathematics and Statistics||Mathematics, MS|
|Mathematics and Statistics||Statistics, MS|
|Agricultural Sciences||Sustainable Agriculture|
|Computer Science||Cyber Security|
|Computer Science||Data Assurance|
|Computer Science||Digital Investigation|
|Environmental and Geosciences||Geographic Information Systems|