Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master's
The Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master’s, is a one-year non-degree program designed to meet the needs of highly accomplished performers who have completed a Master's degree in Music and wish to further their career goals in the performing arts. Candidates for the Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master’s must demonstrate the requisite talent and potential to develop a high level of competency, artistic sensibility, and a strong sense of commitment for a career as a professional musician. The program is designed to provide intensive repertoire study and performance opportunities under the guidance of master teachers in preparation for a concert career or doctoral program in music performance.
Applicants seeking admission to the Artist Diploma Certificate: Post-Master's must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Official transcript from a baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Official transcript from the master degree granting institution: Master of Arts or Master of Music in Performance.
- On-campus audition and interview (Online video conference auditions and interviews may be set-up for international students by the graduate advisor).
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Resume detailing previous musical and performance experience
- Two semesters of Applied Lesson study at the graduate level - 4 credit hours (Course XXXX 5201; e.g., PIAN 5201, VILN 5201).
- Two semesters of Ensemble or Chamber Music participation at the graduate level specific to the student’s career goals (2 credit hours; MUEN 5110, MUEN 5112, or MUEN 5118).
- Two Recitals at the graduate level (2 credit hours; MUSI 6181 and MUSI 6182).
- Two semesters of free* electives (6 credit hours). *Free electives must be jointly approved by the student’s applied teacher and graduate advisor.