College of Science and Engineering Technology
|Dean||John Pascarella, Ph.D.
email@example.com; (936) 294-1401
|Associate Dean for Graduate Programs & Research||Li-Jen Lester, Ed.D.
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1582
|Associate Dean for Curriculum & Assessment||Melinda Holt, Ph.D.
email@example.com; (936) 294-1945
|School of Agricultural Sciences||Doug Ullrich, Ph.D., Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1188
|Department of Biological Sciences||Aaron Lynne, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-1544
|Department of Chemistry||Donovan C. Haines, Ph.D., Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1530
|Department of Computer Science||Bing Zhou, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-1590
|Department of Engineering Technology||Faruk Yildiz, Ph.D., Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-3774
|Department of Environmental and Geosciences||Pat Harris, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-1452
|Department of Mathematics and Statistics||Dustin L. Jones, Ph.D., Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-4859
|Department of Physics and Astronomy||Joel W. Walker, Ph.D., Chair
email@example.com; (936) 294-4803
About the College
The College of Science and Engineering Technology at Sam Houston State University welcomes you! Why consider pursuing a degree from this College? Here are just a few reasons:
- You can choose from a wide variety of programs (22 undergraduate and 12 graduate degrees) in the fields of agriculture, engineering technology, biology, biomedical sciences, chemistry, forensic chemistry, computer science, geography, geology, mathematics, statistics, and physics.
- Our programs will prepare you for careers in exciting and rapidly evolving fields that advance society.
- You will learn from professors who love to teach and draw from their personal and professional experience as practitioners in their areas of expertise.
We invite you to take a closer look at the programs that spark your interest. All will connect you with the innovative thinking, mentoring, leadership, and academic challenges that are hallmarks of an SHSU education.
The College of Science and Engineering Technology is committed to equipping students with the academic foundation necessary for them to be critical problem solvers in a rapidly changing world and to the generation of scientific knowledge through scholarly endeavors.
The College of Science and and Engineering Technology aspires to be a gateway of opportunity and a catalyst for personal and professional development. Embracing high standards, ethical practices and personalized student-faculty interaction, the College dedicates itself to excellence in teaching, engagement in quality research, and active community service. The College of Science and and Engineering Technology will pursue its vision by:
- preparing students for continued intellectual growth throughout productive and personally rewarding careers;
- fostering the development and dissemination of knowledge through scientific inquiry;
- promoting continual professional growth and scholarly activity;
- exemplifying high ethical standards and teaching the importance of ethics in professional practice;
- increasing scientific literacy in the populace, and instilling a high regard for nature and humankind;
- understanding and respecting diversity among people, cultures, and ideas; and
- assuming the responsibilities of academic community engagement and membership in a global society.
- Faculty members in the College of Science and Engineering Technology have been recognized nationally and internationally for their expertise through national grants and awards, publications, and presentations.
- Undergraduate research is encouraged through partnerships with faculty members.
- Students in the College of Science and Engineering Technology have presented and published nationally and internationally.
- The Math Center at the Academic Success Center provides free tutoring in mathematics and statistics courses.
- The College of Science and Engineering Technology houses the Sam Houston State University Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics and the Daniel Reeves Center for Mathematics Education.
- Departments in the College of Science and Engineering Technology annually host state and regional conferences and symposiums.
The College of Science and Engineering Technology provides a broad range of Undergraduate Programs, as well as Graduate Programs. The College of Science and Engineering Technology is comprised of eight academic units:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Engineering Technology
- Environmental and Geosciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physics and Astronomy
College of Science and Engineering Technology Undergraduate Degrees
|Agricultural Engineering Technology||B.S.|
|Animal Science (Pre-Veterinary)||B.S.|
|Animal Science with Minor in Conservation Biology||B.S.|
|Animal Science with Minor in Wildlife Management||B.S.|
|Career and Technology Program||B.A.A.S.|
|Chemistry (Professional Chemist)||B.S.|
|Chemistry (Other Technical Careers)||B.S.|
|Chemistry/Chemical Engineering (Dual Degree)||B.S.|
|Computing Science (Information Assurance)||B.S.|
|Computing Science (Information Science)||B.S.|
|Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology||B.S.|
|Engineering Design Technology||B.S.|
|Engineering Technology (Electronics)||B.S.|
|Engineering Technology (Safety Management)||B.S.|
|Environmental Science (Pollution Abatement concentration)||B.S.|
|Environmental Science (Sustainability concentration)||B.S.|
|Environmental Science (Water Resources concentration)||B.S.|
|Geography (Environmental Geography)||B.A., B.S.|
|Geography (Geospatial Information Sciences)||B.S.|
|Geography (Human Geography)||B.A., B.S.|
|Mechanical Engineering Technology||B.S.|
|Physics: Civil Engineering 2+2||B.S.|
|Physics: Electrical Engineering 2+2||B.S.|
|Physics: Mechanical Engineering 2+2||B.S.|
|Physics/Engineering (Dual Degree)||B.S.|
|Plant and Soil Sciences||B.S.|