College of Science and Engineering Technology
|Dean||John Pascarella, Ph.D.|
firstname.lastname@example.org; 936) 294-1401
|Associate Dean||Anne R. Gaillard, Ph.D.|
email@example.com; (936) 294-1326
|Associate Dean||Marcus Gillespie, Ph.D.|
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1945
|Department of Agricultural Sciences||Shyam Nair, Ph.D., Interim Chair |
email@example.com; (936) 294-1193
|Department of Biological Sciences||Chad Hargrave, Ph.D., Chair |
CWH005@shsu.edu; (936) 294-1538
|Department of Chemistry||Richard E. Norman, Ph.D., Chair |
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-1527
|Department of Computer Science||Peter A. Cooper, Ph.D., Chair |
email@example.com; (936) 294-1569
|Department of Engineering Technology||Faruk Yidiz, Ph.D. Chair,|
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-3774
|Department of Geography and Geology||Brian Cooper, Ph.D., Chair |
email@example.com; (936) 294-3274
|Department of Mathematics and Statistics||Brian Loft, Ph.D., Chair |
firstname.lastname@example.org; (936) 294-4465
|Department of Physics||Joel Walker, Ph.D., Chair|
About the College
The College of Science and Engineering Technology at Sam Houston State University welcomes you! Why consider pursuing a degree from this College? Here are just a few reasons:
- You can choose from a wide variety of programs (22 undergraduate and 12 graduate degrees) in the fields of agriculture, engineering technology, biology, biomedical sciences, chemistry, forensic chemistry, computer science, geography, geology, mathematics, statistics, and physics.
- Our programs will prepare you for careers in exciting and rapidly evolving fields that advance society.
- You will learn from professors who love to teach and draw from their personal and professional experience as practitioners in their areas of expertise.
We invite you to take a closer look at the programs that spark your interest. All will connect you with the innovative thinking, mentoring, leadership, and academic challenges that are hallmarks of an SHSU education.
The College of Science and Engineering Technology is committed to equipping students with the academic foundation necessary for them to be critical problem solvers in a rapidly changing world and to the generation of scientific knowledge through scholarly endeavors.
The College of Science and and Engineering Technology aspires to be a gateway of opportunity and a catalyst for personal and professional development. Embracing high standards, ethical practices and personalized student-faculty interaction, the College dedicates itself to excellence in teaching, engagement in quality research, and active community service. The College of Science and and Engineering Technology will pursue its vision by:
- preparing students for continued intellectual growth throughout productive and personally rewarding careers;
- fostering the development and dissemination of knowledge through scientific inquiry;
- promoting continual professional growth and scholarly activity;
- exemplifying high ethical standards and teaching the importance of ethics in professional practice;
- increasing scientific literacy in the populace, and instilling a high regard for nature and humankind;
- understanding and respecting diversity among people, cultures, and ideas; and
- assuming the responsibilities of academic community engagement and membership in a global society.
- Faculty members in the College of Science and Engineering Technology have been recognized nationally and internationally for their expertise through national grants and awards, publications, and presentations.
- Undergraduate research is encouraged through partnerships with faculty members.
- Students in the College of Science and Engineering Technology have presented and published nationally and internationally.
- The Math Center at the Academic Success Center provides free tutoring in mathematics and statistics courses.
- The College of Science and Engineering Technology houses the Sam Houston State University Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics and the Daniel Reeves Center for Mathematics Education.
- Departments in the College of Science and Engineering Technology annually host state and regional conferences and symposiums.
The College of Science and Engineering Technology provides a broad range of Undergraduate Programs, as well as Graduate Programs. The College of Science and Engineering Technology is comprised of 7 academic units:
- Agricultural Sciences and Engineering Technology
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Geography and Geology
- Mathematics and Statistics
College of Science and Engineering Technology Undergraduate Degrees
|Environmental Science (Available as of Spring 2018)||B.S.|
|Agricultural Engineering Technology||B.S.|
|Plant and Soil Sciences||B.S.|
|Chemistry (Professional Chemist)||B.S.|
|Chemistry (Other Technical Careers)||B.S.|
|Chemistry (Chemical Engineering)||B.S.|
|Computing Science (Information Science)||B.S.|
|Computing Science (Information Assurance)||B.S.|
|Design and Development||B.S.|
|Mathematics with Teacher Certification||B.S.|
|Mathematics with Secondary Certification (2 fields)||B.A.|
|Physics/Engineering (Dual Degree)||B.S.|
Note: This listing of undergraduate degree programs is correct as of February, 2017 and does not include those degree programs being phased out or in the process of being proposed.