- Appeals for Undergraduate Admissions
- Individual Review of Educational Potential
- New Student Orientation
An applicant who has been denied admission may appeal that decision in writing to the Undergraduate Admission Standards and Applications Committee, Sam Houston State University, Box 2418, Huntsville, Texas 77341.
Sam Houston State University cares about the academic success of all prospective students. Some freshman applicants who do not meet minimum requirements for admission, but graduated with the required Texas high school curriculum, may be eligible for individual review.
The Admissions staff may consider the following factors in the review process:
- Grade Point Average
- Specific class rank (on a seven-semester transcript)
- Size of graduating class
- Quality and competitive level of high school courses taken and grades earned (i.e. AP, Honors classes, Dual Credit)
- Academic progress and achievements
- Scores on either the ACT or SAT
To be considered for review, statements are due by August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester. Students will not be considered until all of the following credentials have been received:
- A seven-semester transcript that includes GPA, ACT and/or SAT
- A personal statement that addresses the factors you wish to bring to the attention of the Admissions staff regarding your academic record or other skills and achievements which may contribute to you college success
Submit the above materials to Office of Admissions, ATTN: Individual Review Program, Box 2418, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2418 or by fax to (936) 294-3758 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: After the review process, if a student is granted admission to SHSU under the review program, then he or she will be required to take and complete UNIV 1301 course during the first year.