Graduate Certificate in Advanced Exercise Testing and Prescription
This certificate program will provide educational opportunities for exercise science and sport and human performance professionals. The certificate will emphasize the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with populations requiring specialized training. This certificate will benefit personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, exercise scientists working in the clinical setting, and anyone interested in working with athletic or special populations.
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate certificate program in Advanced Exercise Testing and Prescription must submit the following to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- A Graduate Studies Application with application fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in Kinesiology or a related field
- Twelve hours of advanced coursework related to the certificate’s emphasis (must be approved by the Sport and Human Performance graduate coordinator)
- GRE scores (these may be waived under certain situations)
|Graduate Certificate in Advanced Exercise Testing and Prescription|
|KINE 5372||Youth Fitness||3|
|KINE 5390||Exercise Science Lab Practicum||3|
|KINE 5394||Exercise for Critical Populations||3|
|KINE 5396||Aerobic and Anaerobic Training||3|
Students must have Graduate Standing for all courses in Program.