Graduate Certificate in Bilingual (Spanish) Educational Diagnostician
The Bilingual Educational Diagnostician Program prepares educational diagnosticians who have Spanish and English language proficiency to evaluate English Learners (ELs) and students who are monolingual. Candidates determine language dominance and proficiency, conduct assessments, interpret results, and make educational recommendations for learners in school settings. To receive this certificate, graduate students must enroll in the Bilingual Educational Diagnostician Cohort and demonstrate Spanish proficiency. Candidates must complete the required courses, meet the program requirements, and contact the Program Coordinator prior to applying to take the TExES Educational Diagnostician.
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate certificate program in the Bilingual Educational Diagnostician Program must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions by April 1st:
- A Graduate Admissions Application with the application fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate and graduate work
- Two letters of recommendation (The form is available from the Dr. Corinna Cole
- An acceptable writing sample (Contact Dr. Corinna Cole for details)
- Copy of your teaching certificate in Bilingual Education (Spanish)
Note: Candidates may be permitted to enroll for one semester while their admission file is incomplete.
|Graduate Certificate in Bilingual (Spanish) Educational Diagnostician|
|BESL 5304||2nd Lang Acquisition & Develop||3|
|SPED 6319||Bilingual Cognitive Assessment||3|
|SPED 6322||Bilingual Spec Ed Assessment||3|
Certificate as a Bilingual Educational Diagnostician requires enrollment in the Bilingual Educational Diagnostician Cohort for the Master's Degree in Special Education.