The Superintendent Certification program at Sam Houston State University is a professional
certification program designed to prepare students for careers as school district superintendents
in Texas. The program utilizes study of factual knowledge and theory, as well as internship field
experiences, to develop student knowledge and skills.
Candidates seeking admission to the graduate programs in Superintendent Certification must meet the basic requirements of Graduate Admissions specified in the Admission section of this catalog. Please contact the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling for additional requirements: Box 2119, Huntsville, Texas 77341 or by phone (936) 294-1147 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Course Prerequisites are strictly observed.
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Official transcript from the master's degree granting institution
- Copy of SBEC issued standard Principal or Mid-Management certificate
- One Reference Form from current or previous supervisor in a school or agency where the applicant has been employed
- Teacher Service Record from your school district's HR Department for each year of classroom service
Submit all applications materials to Graduate Admissions (email@example.com). Electronic transcripts are accepted as official if sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from your university or institution.
Please note that applicants selected after initial screening will be invited for an interview.
|EDAD 6380||Exec Ldrshp- Superintendents||3|
|EDAD 6381||Dist Business & Financial Mgt||3|
|EDAD 6382||Human Resource Management||3|
|EDAD 6383||Practicm For Superintendents I||3|
|EDAD 5088||Special Topics in Educ Admin (Learner Centered Leadership (Cert Only))||3|