The Superintendent Certification program at Sam Houston State University is a professional
certification program designed to prepare students for careers as school district superintendents
in Texas. The program utilizes study of factual knowledge and theory, as well as practicum field
experiences, to develop student knowledge and skills.
Candidates seeking admission to the graduate programs in Superintendent Certification must meet the basic requirements of Graduate Admissions specified in the Admission section of this catalog. Please contact the Department of Educational Leadership for additional requirements: phone (936) 294-1147 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Course Prerequisites are strictly observed.
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Apply to the Superintendent Preparation Program if seeking Texas Superintendent certification (Instructions)
- Pay the $55 Texas Education Accountability System for Educator Preparation Programs Fee (paid to the TEA as required by TAC 229.9.7) if seeking Texas Superintendent certification
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Official transcript from the master's degree granting institution
- Copy of SBEC issued standard Principal or Mid-Management certificate
- One Reference Form from current or previous supervisor in a school or agency where the applicant has been employed
- Teacher Service Record from your school district's HR Department for each year of classroom service
Submit all applications materials to Graduate Admissions (email@example.com). Electronic transcripts are accepted as official if sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from your university or institution.
Please note that applicants selected after initial screening will be invited for an interview.