This certification plan is designed specifically for the candidate who has previously obtained a Master’s Degree and wishes to obtain Principal Certification. It requires the completion of twenty-one hours of graduate credit. Selected graduate courses not older than six years may be considered for substitution for selected required courses. The program complies with existing standards for professional certification. A comprehensive TExES examination is required during the final semester of coursework. The study plan originates in the Department of Educational Leadership.
Aplicants seeking admission to the Principal Certification program must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
1. Graduate Admissions Application
2. Application Fee
3. Official Transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and official transcript from the master degree granting institution with a GPA of a 3.5 or higher
4. Copy of Teacher Service Record from your school district's Human Resource Department with 2 years of certified teaching experience preferred;however, we will consider applicants with 1 year of certified teaching experience. (Applicant must be working at a Texas Education Agency accredited school.)
5. Copy of valid Teacher Certificate
6. Two Reference Forms, one from your school principal and one from an assistant principal
7. Professional Statement
8. Current Resume
9. Pay the $55.00 Texas Education Accountability System for Educator Preparation Programs Fee (paid to the TEA as required by TEA 229.9.7) if seeking Texas Principal Certification.
NOTE: Applicants selected after the initial screening will be required to complete a video interview and will be required to submit the admission requirements, excluding the reference forms to Tk20 to be considered for official admission to the Principal Certification program as per the Texas Education Agency. Therefore, it is important to keep a copy of the admission requirements.
Preferred Application Deadlines:
Fall - June 15
Summer - March 15
Final Application Deadlines:
Fall - July 15
Summer - April 15
|EDAD 5332||Adm & Org Of Public Schools||3|
|EDAD 5372||Fed-State-Local Sch Law||3|
|EDAD 5386||Spc Populations & Spc Programs||3|
|EDAD 6362||Principal Practicum/Internship 1||6|
|EDAD 6370||Campus Business Management||3|
|EDAD 6371||Role Of Prin In School Admin||3|
|EDAD 6394||Advancing Educ Leadership||3|
EDAD 6362EDAD 6362 is the last course to be taken in the sequence of courses. Principal Practicum/Internship is taken over two semesters (3 hours each semester) and may be taken with one other course.