Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
The Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction is designed for educators interested in researching, developing and implementing curriculum changes to support achievement. This program allows educators to focus on curriculum methodology, pedagogy, and theoretical applications.
In addition, the program prepares educatiors to teach dual credit courses and/or courses at the community college level. In collaboration with an advisor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, the student will develop an individual plan consistent with the student's interest and needs.
Students who are seeking initial Teacher Certification as part of a master's program should pursue the Master of Master of Art in Teaching.
The Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program is completed online, except for occasional research meetings (in the face-to-face sections) and some concentration coursework if certain concentration fields are selected.
Applicants seeking admission to the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Candidates with a 3.0 GPA from the baccalaureate-granting institution or graduate* will have the GRE automatically waived.
- Candidates with an undergrad GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 from the baccalaureate-granting institution or between 2.8 and 2.99 in graduate level hours* from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution are required to take the GRE. These candidates must meet the minimum standard with the following formula:
- (GPA X 50) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or greater than 435.
GRE TAKEN BEFORE AUGUST 2011
(GPA X 200) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or greater than 1664
* If a student has taken graduate level coursework after receiving their Bachelors, but has not received a Masters degree, then those hours become void and are not taken into consideration
This 30 hour program includes 12 core C&I hours plus 12-18 hours in an area of concentration. The concentration hours may be taken in Curriculum and Instruction (see below) or another interest field.
|Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with Related Concentration|
|CIED 5085||Current Issues in Education||3|
|CIED 5370||Research In Teaching||3|
|CIED 5383||Integrating Curnt Tech In Tchg||3|
|CIED 5384||Curricular Trends For Clss Tch||3|
|C & I Concentration Hours|
|Select six of the following:||18|
|Professional Educator's Role|
|Adv Techniques & Mthds Instr|
|Adv Mths Classroom Mgt & Disc|
|Assessment Of Learning|
|Hum Grwth & Dev Across Lifespn|
|Developing Curriculum for Adults|