Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Leadership and Management
The online Criminal Justice Leadership and Management Certificate is an 18-hour program catering to working professionals currently in the field of criminal justice. The certificate provides an opportunity for students to advance professional growth and career development while maintaining their occupational responsibilities. The certificate is structured to allow students to complete the program in one year, enrolling in two 7-1/2 week courses per semester. Completion of the online Graduate Certificate also advances students halfway towards a Master of Science in Criminal Justice Leadership and Management.
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate certificate program in Criminal Justice Leadership and Management must submit the following directly to the University Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in an allied field.
- Official transcripts of all academic work previously undertaken.
- A cumulative undergraduate degree grade point average of 3.0 or 3.0 for the final 30 baccalaureate credits. An acceptable GRE score may be substituted/required to demonstrate graduate study readiness if the GPA falls below the above standard.
- A completed form from the applicant indicating awareness of the time commitment involved over the two-year degree period, and an acknowledgement that their employer is informed and has agreed to enable the employee to keep his/her academic/weekend commitment (for the weekend programs only).
- A completed Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology Master's Degree Applicant Questionnaire/Form.
- A personal essay regarding career background and goals.
- Evidence of current employment in a criminal justice related agency with a minimum of three years of experience or currently in a verifiable leadership role/position within a criminal justice agency and have no less than 2 years of CJ experience.
- International students ONLY: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based) is required.
|Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Leadership and Management|
|CRIJ 5330||Critical Analys Of Justice Adm (required)||3|
|CRIJ 6333||Seminar In Org & Administratn (required)||3|
|Select four of the following:||12|
|Resource Development in the Organizational Context|
|Resrch Mthd & Quantve Analysis|
|Comp/Tech Applications For CJ|
|Police In Society|
|Leadrshp Psy In C J Management|
|Comm Theory & Admin Of Justice|
|Seminar In Crim & Corrections|
|Program Evaluation In CJ|
|Legal Aspects Of CJ Management|